So, you were given a great tasting cup of espresso - Now you want to make your own but do not want to buy an expensive espresso machine. Not a problem. We understand that spending a lot of money on an electric espresso machine is not the best move for you.
That is why we have put together this handy little guide on how to use your new stovetop espresso maker. We will also tell you the benefits of owning one as well as other important details you need to know.
Before you know it, you will be able to give stovetop espresso maker instructions to your friends.
The Benefits Of The Stovetop Espresso Maker
First off, stovetop espresso makers are also known as moka pots. They are one and the same. These pots come with a lot of benefits. These benefits also help make them favored over their more-classy electronic counterparts.
How To Choose Your Stovetop Espresso Maker
As you can see there are some great stovetop espresso makers on the market. So how do you choose the best moka pot for your espresso needs? It really is not that hard to find and select the right one for you.
Here are a few guidelines to help you find the best one:
How To Use a Stovetop Espresso Maker
Now that you know the benefits of owning a stovetop espresso maker. Along with how to find the right one for your home, here are some great tips on how to use a stovetop espresso maker.
- 1Clean the pot - yes, you just bought it but you do not know what or who has been touching the pot before you bought it. Take the pot apart and give it a thorough cleaning.
- 2Fill the water chamber - this is the bottom chamber. Just do not fill it past the safety valve.
- 3Fill the coffee reservoir - You can use pre-ground or grind your own beans. Doesn’t matter which, you make your espresso your way.
- 4Reassemble the coffee maker - make sure each part fits tightly and like it should. You do not want any leaks.
- 5Place the coffee maker on the stove - you will want to use medium to low heat to start, then lower the temperature once the coffee maker starts to brew. Speed is not a good thing here.
- 6Pour - it doesn’t take long before you can enjoy a great tasting homemade espresso.
If You Have Problems
Here are two common problems most people have with their stovetop and how to take care of those problems.
A Word About Coffee Grounds
Pre-ground coffee is great and convenient. It may also be cheaper than buying your own beans and grinding your own. But if you want the best tasting espresso then you should consider grinding your own.
Coffee starts losing its flavor within 5 minutes of grinding thus pre-ground coffee will not produce the finest tasting coffee you ever had. If you want the best tasting coffee, grind your own and put the grounds into the espresso maker as quickly as possible after grinding.
The Advantages Of Owning The Best Stovetop Espresso Maker
Like any other product on the market today there are advantages of owning a stovetop espresso maker. Hopefully, once you read these advantages you will be convinced to go out and purchase your own.
As you can see, using a stovetop espresso maker is quite simple. You do not have to be an engineer with a degree in quantum physics to make a great tasting espresso. All you need to do is follow these simple guidelines above.
Also for the best tasting espresso make sure you grind your own coffee beans and use the grounds immediately after grinding. That way you will not lose any of the flavor coffee beans bring to your day.
One more advantage of owning and using a stovetop espresso coffee maker is that you can take them anywhere. Whether you go camping or to a hotel, you can always have a great cup of espresso.
Making a great cup of espresso is easy and fun.